Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 12

117 miles from Tuba City to Mexican Hat, Utah. Daunting at first, but with the help of J&J (particularly Joseph who was strong all day) we crushed it at an average speed of 19.8 mph!

This was a beautiful ride through Monument Valley, and moved us into our third state. It started with miles of rollers and ended on this long, ego boosting downhill that had us at 45 mph in stretches. Never thought I'd say this, but I felt great at the end - all those 100 mile training days may actually be paying off!

Having to write this on my iPhone, as the Internet is pretty sporadic at the Hat Rock Inn, so that's it for today and I'll try to write something a bit more interesting after tomorrow's 101 mile ride.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. I've stayed at that same motel while doing field work. Did you have the Navajo pizza for dinner?

    ReplyDelete