Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 1

We all met each other today and went out for a quick "shake out ride". Short but steep! A fair bit of climbing, but a frustrating lack of eastward progress as we ended up right back at our hotel. Tomorrow morning it all starts for real - an early morning wake-up and a 80 mile ride to Valencia.

Sara is driving back to Tiburon, Andy and Colorado College tied 0-0, Sydney spent most of her day in the library and I did over 3000 feet of climbing only to end up right back where I started. Clearly not the best Sunday for the McGhie clan.

Now, on to happy hour followed by dinner at the Fess Parker Doubletree Inn - it has to be great! With all this riding and recovery, my wine intake should decline enough to alarm a couple of Californian Vineyards.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about Valencia, CA - Is the orange named after the town? Anyway, the dogs and I are about to take a long hike - I'll check back for the update later!!
    Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete